Friday, February 25, 2011

OMG!

Yes...I did entitle this OMG!

So I went to a concert with my kids this week - the X-Factor no less. I screamed along with the crowd, threw in the occasional woo hoo and had an all round brilliant time. I have to say, for a split second, I felt a little ridiculous about my carry-on but I ignored it and enjoyed myself anyway! You go girl!

We met my husband later and went for a bite to eat. As we were walking down the road to the restaurant I noticed that men were checking my daughter out. That in itself freaked me out. I mean she's my baby and although she's 14, she's still a child....MY CHILD!  What struck me with amusement and maybe a little annoyance, is that I wasn't even getting a glance! Okay, okay, I know its vain but I did notice it. Funnily it didn't bother me as much as I think it should have. This is probably because I have a great husband and I'm happy with my life. But OMG! I think I have good genes and I'm sure that I'm not hideous - but I am middle aged... Ugh, I said it....and I shivered as I typed it. I can fight it, hate it and ignore it, but its the truth. Life expectancy for women in Ireland is 81.6 years so half of that is 40.8 years..... so I'm nearly there.

Little reminders here, there and everywhere and I'd be lying if I said I didn't care, so I won't. The remedy? I've signed up for Today FM's Ray D'Arcy Show 5K run and I'm going to whip my ass into shape! It's at the beginning of April, so I have just under 5 weeks to prepare

Wish me luck and make sure you wave if you see me running by!

No comments:

Post a Comment