Monday, February 21, 2011

One week down and 51 to go!

So.... a week already and I've manged to just about blog everyday. I'm impressed. Do I really have that much to say? Apparently so.

So, what will today's blog be? The 14 year old wrecking my head or the ever constant battle with cake, biscuits and anything else that wants to make be look overinflated? I think I'll leave my teenager out of this... and so, its time to address the 'fat and forty' thing.

Bottom line is that I don't want to be either. I have control over the fat but none over the forty so its time to deal with what I can control.

You see my weight battle has been a life long one. Last year, I finally got to where I wanted to be....and when I got there, I wanted more. I spent many a morning having coffee with a friend asking 'why do I want to loose  more?' And she just said I was screwed in the head. Probably right too! Well not to worry, it didn't happen! Okay, its not like I started piling on the pounds either but I'd say there's 10lbs that I'd like to say some a few rude words to. 

So how DO I deal with that? Well, this morning I was determined and I started off well. Then a friend of mine, who was coming for coffee (which by the way I completely forgot about- another sign of aging) arrived with the most beautiful cream cakes I've seen in ages! So in the name of beauty, I had them for lunch. Am I beating myself up about it? Not as much as I should but that's okay. Tomorrow is another day and I still have 51 weeks to 40. Besides no diet started on a Monday has ever succeeded, so it was a losing battle to start with. 

Roll on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment