Thursday, February 17, 2011

Partied like it was 2011!

Yeah well, maybe I didn't party like it was 1999....ok I didn't even come close! We sat by the fire, had a meal, some nice wine, good conversation and my guests were gone by 11.30 pm and I was in bed before midnight. Phew, I didn't turn into a pumpkin! The best part is that today isn't a write off because I'm not hungover!

We all have different friends for different reasons - or so I've been told. In my case that would be true. I have college friends, life long friends, coffee drinking friends, moms from my children's school friends, younger friends, older friends, pour my heart out friends, etc. I'm sure you get the point. I was with one of my older friends last night and guess what? I learned something new about aging....

According to her aging doesn't happen around 40. Apparently physical changes for women occur around 42. I was even asked to feel the texture of my friend's skin on her forearm! Didn't really get was I was supposed to be feeling, but it didn't matter....she really believed what she was saying. I'm not sure that aging is all set in stone as I've already started to extend my arm when reading....and I'm only 39. 

Note to self: make an appointment at the opticians.

The second thing I learned was that men don't have peripheral vision! - Bet you didn't see that coming. Yes my 'feel-my-skin-texture-friend' is a nurse and it's apparently fact that although men do have peripheral vision, its not as enhanced as women's! Brilliant news! Why, you may ask? Because I now know that when hubby is standing at the fridge looking for mayo and declares: 'There's no mayo' and there is, its because he can't see it and not because he didn't look! It might seem like small change but it all helps to better understanding him - and that can only be good.

My point? We learn something new everyday. No big revelation there. I mean we've all heard that before, haven't we? But if you really think about it....learning something new everyday means you look forward to the next day. Doesn't it? And the next day means being a day older. So really, aging is a GOOD thing! Hmmm nobody ever told me that...in fact, if I turn on the television right now, I bet that within 5 minutes I'll be told the exact opposite. So, lets just call it our little secret, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment