Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Big Fat Sigh

Well who needs to blog about nearly being 40 when they feel like they are nearly 60?  Yes, we've had that uninvited guest in our home for nearly 2 weeks and the bastard is showing no sign of leaving.  No, my years haven't made me that heartless towards people but it has towards viruses. Ugh! Cough, cough, splutter, splutter, sniff, sniff...

I'm happy to report that life does not stand still for this 39 year old. Nope. There were rehearsals for the 6 year old's show, followed by the actual show, lunches to be made, school runs to be run, shopping, washing, dealing with the 14 year old's 'fourteen-year-oldness', swimming lessons, friendship drama, and so-on and so-on.... 

The great thing is that I got rid of one thing on my daily to-do list: farming! Yes, I did say farming. I have spent the last year and a half tending a virtual farm that has had me so busy that it nearly got in the way of my daily life! My fellow farmers nearly had heart attacks wondering where they were going to get their virtual gifts from...and I understand because that was exactly me 2 months ago.

I'm taking my life back and I'm going to use the time to get rid of those sneaky 12 lbs I put on! I knew I had put on weight but 12 lbs??? How did I find out it was 12 lbs? Well let me tell you! I have one fantastic friend out there! We went shopping today. We were in a department store. She took a weighing scales off the shelf and made me stand on it! 

Ok so what are you thinking? 'What a bitch?' Not me! It takes a really good friend to make you face up to reality, shock your system and then support you by saying she's going to diet with you. 

Yes indeed, your real friends are honest with you, tell you when they're pissed off with you and never ever give you the cold shoulder just because they've got their knickers in a twist over something that has nothing to do with you! Although that sort of thing is upsetting, its not as upsetting as it might have been 5 years ago. That's the difference! As you get older you don't sweat other people's issues...and your issues, such as cough cough splutter splutter, don't become other people's issues either. 

You just get on with it! And so off I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment