Saturday, July 2, 2011

Time to face facts!

My hair has started to agree with my age and I am currently waiting to see how my patch test pans out. Yes, I bought a hair colour. In the past week I have found so many white hairs that if I pulled them all out I'd have a thinning problem. I have mentioned before that I've never really died my hair before, except during the teenage angst phase and let's face it, that's a different story! I was always happy with my own hair colour and would always get compliments about it. Even now, you need to look up close to realise that the discoloured hairs are white and not blond. I could get away with it for a while longer, but I don't want to wait until its so obvious that my hair colour is being discussed by all and sundry.

So I guess the real question is how do I feel about it? Well not as bad as I thought, but now the dying and maintenance begins. Luckily my eldest is a fashion and beauty lover and she has my back. Tomorrow is the big 'dying my hair day' and according to my beauty expert it's a great thing - the shine off my hair will be fab!

The bottom line for me is that I'm less than thrilled about having to dye my hair as it is a very real reminder that I'm ageing. On the other hand, what's the big deal? Everybody is ageing! In fact, anyone who is smug about their youth will only have a harder landing when they catch up. That's the only fair thing in life - those who are allowed to, will in fact age. What is unfair is those who don't get the opportunity to do so. In fact, in all cases, its more than unfair, it's tragic.

So with that in mind, I say 'bring it on'....

No comments:

Post a Comment