Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hope you're excited too!

What a week it's been! Yes, the never say never has once again been fully applied to my life. If you would have told me five months ago that I'd be getting a dog soon, I would have rolled around the floor laughing in hysterics. Ok, so now I'm not laughing but I am loving this new experience!

My little puppy boy is 8 weeks old and he is hard work, but also a little bundle of joy. It's kind of like having a baby in the house. He's smart, inquisitive and very good, for the most part. He of course has a lot to learn, but he seems to be learning quickly.

I've seen more of my 14 year old in the last week than I have in the last month. Somehow her room is not as appealing as being downstairs with us and our new edition. My 6 year old's nose is a little bit out of joint but she does loves him dearly. He's inadvertently teaching her that you can't always be the centre of attention and that has to be a good lesson to learn early on in life.

I have to say I did a lot of research before getting the dog so that I'd know what to expect and also to give him the best start in his life. It's paid off and I am really enjoying this new experience. Again, here I am at 39 years of age making this big deal about turning 40 in my head - so much so that I felt compelled to blog about it, as you well know. The surprise is that I've learnt a hell of a lot in the last 5 months, I've had a lot of new experiences that I would never have believed would be part of my life, and my understanding of life seems to come a lot easier than it ever has. If this is in fact an indication of what the future holds than I am really excited about it!

Hope you're excited too!

No comments:

Post a Comment