Friday, May 20, 2011

So happy to be 39.....

Did you know that when I look back on my life, there's no place I'd rather be then exactly where I am now? Can you believe that? No? Neither can I. How lucky for me!

What brought all this on? Well I haven't had a full night's sleep in 5 days, that's what! Talk about throw back to the baby days. I have no intention of ever going there again, although we are talking about getting a dog next month; but that's different. Dogs take 3 to 4 weeks to train, not 3 years!  This sleep deprivation thing has helped me to appreciate the wonderful stage I'm at in my life. My kids are still kids but can, for the most part, take care of themselves when it comes to their basic needs. My fabulous, not to mention hot, husband has a thriving career which he can focus on while I focus on our home and kids - and can I just say that I am blessed to be able to do it! My friends are plentiful and each one of them is fantastic in their own way. I have said no to drama and yes to being Zen - as much as that is possible for me. Let's face it, I can be quite of animated and extrovert. So let's just say Zen in my own way...

I'm not saying that I've achieved the ultimate in my life, or that nothing will ever change. I'm well aware that life can throw you curve balls, but for now, in this exact moment, sleep deprived or not, I am content. Content might sound boring for some, but I've had my fair share of drama in my life and I'm really not interested in any more, unless its positive drama of course, like winning the Lotto. Ooooh, now that would be dramatic! That I can handle and I welcome it with open arms.

By taking the time to blog about this to you, it has really allowed me to feel and reflect on how lucky I am. And no, it's not the sleep deprivation speaking, it's definitely me. Thanks for being there, whoever or wherever you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment