Monday, August 22, 2011

On my marks, get set, GO!

And so the end is near.... No I'm not going to burst into Frank Sinatra's song, I'm just simply stating a fact. Less than a week to go and the kids are back to school! Was the summer good? You bet! Am I looking forward to next week.... hmm, not so sure!

We have my eldest who is in the final year of a three year secondary school program so she will be sitting very important exams in June and that's a great recipe for motherly stress! We also have my youngest's First Holy Communion and we live in Ireland so yeah, an Irish Communion!  This is no Canadian 'simplicity is the way forward' Communion where you wear the alter boy robes, make your communion, and go home. Nope!  Here we turn 7 and 8 year old girls into mini brides! By Christmas, all the mothers standing outside the school will be going on and on about their daughter's dress, whether their angel will be wearing a veil or not and how they have everything bought and can't wait for the day. 'Blah, blah, blah!'. Once January hits, everyone will be talking about the what the weather is predicted to be in May. Yes, I said MAY! And believe me, everyone is an expert! For those who haven't bought the dress by then, it will be then end of the world! Everyone will be going on about how there are NO dresses left in the country. Drama! And what do I say to drama? All together now: 'NO!'

So, am I looking forward to going back? You tell me... I mean, by next week, once we're back to school, people will be talking about their Christmas shopping (seriously, I know someone who already has two Christmas presents bought), and of course we are more than halfway to that 40th birthday mark. Yikes! Ok, I need to lie down....

There's a lot ahead and it seems like next week is the start line of a real life rat race. I better get my runners out. If you see me on my travels, cheer me on!  

Ok, on my marks, get set, GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment